Barbecued Prawns Asian Style
- 25 large green prawns (or about 750 gram), peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
To marinade prawns
- 8pcs kaffir lime leaves, torn and stem removed
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves, roughly torn
- 2 fresh red birdseye chillies, deseeded and cut
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- ½ cup Red Kellys Sweet Chilli & Lime Dressing
Place lime leaves, coriander, chillies, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil and Red Kellys Sweet Chilli & Lime Dressing in a blender jug and blend until finely chopped.
Place the blended ingredients in a bowl and add prawns to it. Coat and ensure that all prawns are covered in the mixture. Place a plastic wrap over the bowl and leave to marinade in the fridge for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes, thread prawns, tail-end first, onto skewers. You can thread about 2-3 pieces on each skewer depending on your preference.
Fire up the barbecue or chargrill on high. Cook prawns on grill, turning occasionally, for 4 minutes or until they change colour. Remove from heat.
Drizzle with some more Red Kellys Sweet Chilli & Lime Dressing, if preferred, before serving. Enjoy!
Tip: To ensure flavours are really developed, leave prawns to marinade overnight in fridge.