Super Easy Coleslaw with a Twist
- ½ a head of small green cabbage, shredded
- ½ a head of small red cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups green shallots / spring onion, finely sliced
- 2 crunchy apples, very thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup pecans, roughly chopped up
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Salt & pepper for seasoning
- 4 tbsp Red Kellys Italian Dressing
To prepare the cabbage, cut away the outer leaves and remove the core. Finely shred the cabbage into a big serving bowl. Add carrots, celery, shallots, apples and pecans.
In a little bowl, whisk maple syrup and Red Kellys Italian Dressing together and coat the vegetables with this dressing. Season with salt and pepper before serving. Enjoy!
- In order to keep your coleslaw crisp, keep all the ingredients as cold as possible. This will prevent the cabbage from going limp.
- You can always prepare a coleslaw hours in advance. Its flavour is enhanced if it’s given some time in the fridge. Just ensure you do not slice the cabbage too thinly as this will cause the cabbage to release all its water and your salad will end up soupy and limp.