Walnut and Rocket Salad
- ½ cup toasted walnuts
- 150g baby rocket leaves
- 2 Hass avocadoes, cored and cubed
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3tbsp Red Kellys Lemon & Oregano Dressing
Place walnuts in a lined baking tray and light toast in oven under 160 degrees fan-forced heat. Once walnuts brown slightly, remove tray and leave to cool for about 5 minutes. Roughly chop up.
Combine dressing ingredients and mix well.
Place rocket leaves, avocado, and onion in a salad bowl. Drizzle over with the dressing (adjust to your preference), scatter walnuts on the top and enjoy!
You can prepare this salad in advance. To prevent avocado from oxidising/browning, you could either:
- Sprinkle some lemon / lime juice on the avocado,
- Leave the pit in the bowl with the rest of the salad, or
- Immerse cut avocado immediately in ice cold water before slicing or dicing.
All of these methods prevent oxygen from getting to the avocado which causes oxidising. Also, use some plastic wrap over your salad bowl to keep oxygen out until the salad is ready to be served.