Barbecued Pulled Chicken Burgers
- 4 pieces or 1kg skinless and boneless chicken breast
- 2 brown onions, thinly sliced
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of your favourite barbecue sauce (add additional if you desire more sauce)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp chicken broth
- 2 tbsp corn starch for thickening of sauce (at the end)
- ½ cup Red Kellys Italian Dressing
- Burger buns
Clean chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Transfer to slow cooker. In a separate bowl, combine barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and Red Kellys Italian Dressing. Pour sauce over chicken, cover and cook for 4.5 – 5 hours on low.
After 4.5 – 5 hours, remove chicken, place onto a cutting board and shred gently with 2 forks.
Mix corn starch and chicken broth in a small bowl. Stir this through the sauce in the slow cooker, cover and cook for another 10-15 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
Return shredded chicken into the slow cooker, add onions and garlic, add additional barbecue sauce (and Italian dressing) if desired (adjust to taste), and cook covered for another 30 minutes on low. Serve by topping chicken onto buns. Enjoy!
Pulled chicken sandwich is delightful served with a crunchy cole slaw. Check out our Super Easy Coleslaw with a Twist recipe.