Chicken and Spinach Pasta
- 400g dried rigatoni pasta
- 3 pieces skinless and boneless chicken breast fillets
- 150g baby spinach
- 2 brown onions, thinly sliced
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil (or 1 tbsp dried)
- 6 tbsp lemon juice (fresh is better)
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 cup shaved parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top
- 6 tbsp Red Kellys Basil & Garlic Dressing
- Chilli flakes to sprinkle on top, if desired
Cook rigatoni in a large saucepan of boiling salted water according to packet directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
While the pasta is cooking, wash and pat dry chicken breast with paper towels. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a non-stick frying pan. Cook each side for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from pan, cover and set aside to rest for 5 minutes. Slice thinly.
Give the frying pan a quick wipe with paper towels. Heat up remaining oil, add in onions and cook for about 2-3 minutes, stirring. Add in garlic and cook for another 1 minute, stirring until well mixed.
Place pasta, lemon juice, basil and Red Kellys Basil & Garlic Dressing into the pan and give everything a quick stir. Add in chicken pieces and baby spinach and give everything a quick toss. Adjust salad dressing, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
Sprinkle parmesan cheese and chilli flakes (if desired) before serving. Enjoy!