Quick and Easy Quinoa Salad with Feta
To cook the quinoa:
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
To make the salad:
- 2 medium Lebanese cucumber, sliced lengthwise and cubed
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and diced
- 1 cup feta, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper for seasoning
- 6 tbsp Red Kellys Lemon Myrtle Dressing
Add the quinoa into a boiling pot of water, cover and cook over low heat for 12 minutes or until al dente. Transfer to a bowl and leave to cool.
In a big bowl, combine all the salad ingredients. Drizzle over with the olive oil, dressing and season with salt and pepper. Adjust the seasoning according to your preference. Serve and enjoy!
Tips on cooking quinoa:
- The ratio of water to use is 2 cups of liquid to 1 cup of uncooked quinoa.
- Stir it into boiling water or broth, cover with lid and allow it to simmer on low heat until al dente. Fluff with a fork.
- The more liquid you use, the softer/mushier the quinoa will be.