Quinoa Salad with Avocado and Pine Nuts
To cook the quinoa:
- ¼ cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup water
To make the salad:
- 1 small avocado, deseeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 2tbsp mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Salt for seasoning
- 1tbsp Red Kellys Lemon & Oregano Dressing
Add the quinoa into a boiling pot of water, cover and cook over low heat for 12 minutes until al dente. Transfer to a bowl and leave to cool.
In a separate bowl, add all salad ingredients and quinoa and mix well together. Season to your preferred taste by adding more or less salt and Red Kellys Lemon & Oregano Dressing. Serve and enjoy!
Tips on cooking quinoa:
- Rinse the quinoa before cooking as this will remove its natural coating, the saponin, which makes it bitter or soapy.
- You could add olive oil or butter to your quinoa.
- Check the water and the texture of the quinoa a few minutes before the end of the suggested cooking time. If the quinoa is done to how you like it, drain it. Otherwise, cook it a bit longer, by adding a drizzle more water as necessary. To plump up the kernels, you can allow it to steam off the heat with the lid on for a few extra minutes.